Saturday, March 10, 2018

Technology in the classroom




Schools these days are trying hard to keep up with growing technology and trying to find ways to incorporate it into the classroom. Some agree that technology is good for the classroom and some do not think we should be using technology in the classroom.
After reading the articles below, write your own opinion on if technology can benefit the classroom. How do you incorporate technology in your classroom?  
10 Reasons Students need Technology 

4 comments:

  1. I use technology intentionally in my classroom as a communication, evaluation, and researching tools. I believe that there is too often busy work associated with technology. All tasks should evoke higher order thinking and should never be used as a filler. As with all program resources, technology has a time and a place when it is the most effective. I use ipads, laptops, smart boards, and other devices to facilitate the technology in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Amber. Technology is such a great tool but it does have a time and place in the classroom. Teachers have to find the right balance when using technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our school is 1:1 Macbooks, and I am so thankful our students have them. With the benefits also come challenges. Some of the challenges I face are peer to peer cheating, google translating, texting friends during class time, and playing online game during class time. Some of the ways I use technology are with Google classroom, Kahoot, Nearpod, and Formative plus our school uses Blackboard for grades and many assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your school is 1:1 with Macbooks. I have always wanted to be in a classroom that had Macbooks for every student. However, I never thought about the challenge of them being able to text each other during class on the Mackbooks.

    ReplyDelete